NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting and West Virginia Concealed Carry (8.5 hrs)
There are NO Prerequisites to attend. This course is intended for all individuals, regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation.
Prospective students MUST sign up (by paying the deposit) prior to close of business two days before the class.
Course Fee is $140 and includes a $100 non-refundable deposit that can be applied toward future classes if you cancel before the close of business two days prior to the class.
To pay for your course, please select the date for the class you wish to take labeled with the word DEPOSIT. This will solidify your seat in the class. On class day, you will be required to pay the remaining balance of $40 through this website if the store is not open for business (Instructors will provide assistance).
Small class sizes (6-10 students) and personal attention.
This is a NRA Certified Instructor led course. The NRA Pistol Course topics include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, pistol selection and storage, shooting fundamentals, pistol inspection and maintenance, marksmanship, and shooting range safety. The WV CC topics include: Handgun selection tips, basics of concealed carry, and an overview of applicable Federal and WV laws and regulations (This does NOT constitute LEGAL ADVICE). Additionally, students will complete live fire training and a nationally standardized shooting qualification while on the range with an NRA Certified Instructor. Students will receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination and receive an NRA course completion certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor. Additionally, you will be provided a WV CC course completion certificate. Successful completion of the course will provide the training documentation required to apply for the WV Carry Permit.
Students will need to provide their own lunch. We will provide water.
Class start time will be 8:00AM with a projected end time of 4:30PM depending on the number of students and student interaction. The course includes both classroom and range time. The live-fire portion of the course will be conducted on an outdoor range, approximately a 10-15 minute drive from the classroom.
We will provide .22 pistols and ammunition for the initial qualification shooting. You may bring your own .22 or other pistol with the permission of the instructor.
Required Material for Class:
- Notebook/Paper & Pen/Pencil for Notes
- Eye and Hearing Protection (Safety Glasses and Ear Plugs/Ear Muffs – electronic plugs or muffs recommended)
- Appropriate, comfortable clothing for shooting outside based on the weather
- NO shoes with open toes and NO shirts/blouses with low cut necklines
- Purchase Receipt as Proof of Registration
Optional Items to bring:
- Pistol intended for carry or personal protection (.38 Special or 9mm is the recommended minimum caliber)
- 100-200 rounds of FACTORY ammunition for your pistol
- An Outside the Waistband Holster that fits your pistol
- A sweat jacket or light coat that has a full-opening, zippered front
- NO Ammunition will not be allowed in the classroom
- If you have questions about any of these items, please contact us
Students will meet the instructors at Two Rivers Armory (43 Ruland Rd, Ste A, Kearneysville, WV) at 7:30AM and will be escorted to the classroom for a prompt 8:00AM start time.
- Students who have purchased a handgun from the shop or two people who are attending as a couple can receive a $10/person discount (only one discount per purchase or person; discount to be refunded after course date).
- WV Code §61-7-4(r): A person who pays fees for training or application pursuant to this article after the effective date of this section is entitled to a tax credit equal to the amount actually paid for training not to exceed $50. Provided, That if such training was provided for free or for less than $50, then such tax credit may be applied to the fees associated with the initial application. You can request additional information on this subject from the instructor.
- Certification documentation from this course may also be used to apply for non-resident permits from FL, AZ, PA, VA, ND, RI, NH, ME, CT, MN, & TX.
The instructor may be reached at Aim.4.Accuracy@gmail.com
At Two Rivers Armory, we pride ourselves in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can learn to exercise their second amendment right in a responsible manner. We believe in helping individuals and organizations enhance their confidence, skills, and situational awareness to promote community safety and security. We hope you will come learn with us.